Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 27, 2012


While recuperating from my recent health scare; I have been working at home on some of the jewelry that we learned to make at our Jr. College. The college has some wonderful classes, and many are  for especially for  Senior Citizens! I never thought I would enjoy referring to myself as a Sr. Citizen :-) The Golden years can be lots of fun!


My husband who has had some health problems of his own, has enjoyed taking the classes with me, and has made some gorgeous pieces of jewelry for our Arita collection! We have met some wonderful people in our jewelry classes, and in other classes that we have taken at the College ... now we just have to stay/get well enough to go back to taking our classes :-)
       
 
Some of our beaded earrings...

 
These are beaded wire rings, each one always turns out slightly different, according to how the wire wants to go ... I think the wire more or  less takes the lead on how it wants to bend and curve ...



These are easy and fun to make ... little whimsical pins that look great on a scarf or on the collar of a blue jean jacket...

We have been working on wooden bead necklaces on suede and leather cords; I will post those as soon as get a few more completed... have to have something for the guys too :-)

More .... to enjoy is,  that we always have something on hand for giving as gifts, and that we have sold quite a few of our handmade items at various craft shows! A little extra cash is always nice!

My husband enjoys making things by hand, and has made the nicest model ships and planes, full of detail...I love it when he wants to join in and make jewelry! He has great patience, and his jewelry pieces show it ... I love to add those to our Arita collection! :-)



He made little ships for our little Grans, and he entered one ship into the State Fair and won a "Blue Ribbon"!!! Yep, I love it when he helps me make jewelry! ... Our daughter joined in, and she made the prettiest little wire bracelets that are also part of our Arita collection ...

 Am I making you want to make some jewelry????  Try it! It' s lots of fun, and there are numerous books, and movies available at the library on how to do it ... one problem though, ... once you get started,  you just have to have more, and more beads, and more goodies ... to make "Glitzy stuff" with...
:-D Arita

No comments:

Post a Comment