Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Harem Pants and how to make them!



These instructions are via a hand-out that was given to us at one of the Bellydance classes at one of the collegesand the resulting pants turned out quite nice! I have enjoyed mine very much!
Very easy to make and fun to wear, I used a black satiny material for one pair and a dark green satiny material for another pair. Another really easy way to create a Harem Pant to dance in is to purchase some satiny or silky pajamas that are several sizes too large for you, in whatever color you like, then add elastic to the bottom edges of the pajama legs and viola blousy looking Harem Pants!

and...finally if you have no idea how to Bellydance there are several books, DVDs and CD's available for free at your local Public Library ... check some out, and in no time you will be shimming with the best of them. I found several classes available at Recreation Centers, and at our Jr. College, which I attended and, was able to quickly learn quite a few of the moves...there has been one I really enjoy going to at the YMCA, which I attend as often as I can :-)

Hint: Keep eye out for pretty scarfs, belts, and pretty tops in colorful sheer materials... one can never have too many of those...Arita :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment