Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 31, 2012


More of the gorgeous flowers in bloom in our yard...in 2012, there are a few Irises among the Roses....

This one looks like it has wings, and is a bit over 3 in. wide...


The roses are amazing ... this one is 4 1/2 in, across and is very fragrant....


and this is a polka-dotted rose that is almost 5in. wide, and still opening, it looks quite unusual...
(I think somehow it has picked up its pink colors from its neighbor, and  is now a hybrid???)
I'm not sure if it will remain like this, or if will be occasional instances of polka dotted roses....


We initially started with a couple of rose bushes, and now my Hubby and I buy a few new ones every chance we get...I .have received some lovely rose bushes as birthday gifts, and for Mother's Day....

I love this time of year because it feels almost like Christmas; every morning I awake to  new surprises in the form of  new blooms as our flowers awaken from their winter's sleep and gift us anew with their beauty, their fragrances...I LOVE SPRINGTIME!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment